Synergy is Blooming in May!
Yoga at the Wall - This Month ONLY!
Wednesdays @ noon, Starting May 8 - Join us for this unique class, where traditional yoga postures are enhanced by using the wall. Begin with breathwork and centering, flow through a sun salutation warm-up, then work through a variety of postures using the wall for additional grounding, stretching, and lengthening. In well-known postures from Triangle to Warrior, from Tree to Sage, discover techniques that incorporate the support and/or challenge of the wall to your alignment; even try a few inversions! Class is limited in size (due to our amount of wall space).
Yoga at Hippie Jack's - Saturday, May 25
Join us at Hippie Jack’s 8th Annual Americana Music Festival for a fun & lighthearted Saturday morning practice session with Petti at the Riverside Stage. Then hang out with us and listen to some amazing music! For the festival lineup, visit www.myhippiejack.com.
Yoga 101: The Foundations of Practice - Starts June 13!
NOW ENROLLING! Come and learn why yoga has been a popular fitness discipline of body and mind for over 5000 years! Beginners and experienced practitioners alike will learn about the history and origin of yoga, as well as the fundamentals of a hatha yoga practice, including pranayama (breath control), foundational asana (poses), and vinyasa (breath-connected flow). Each week will build upon the previous week's lesson, and you will be given reference handouts as well as "homework" to do. By the end of the course, you should feel comfortable attending Synergy yoga classes, and will be armed with enough information to embark on a personal yoga practice. Whether you are a complete beginner, or just wanting a refresher course, this class will have something for you! $99. Class will meet at 5:30 p.m. on Thursdays for six sessions. We will take July 4 off for the holiday.
*A certain number of slots are reserved for Synergy private clients and those who have taken this course before. If this is the case, you may attend for the cost of regular mat class, but please register in advance. Cancellation policy applies.
Times they are a'Changin'...For the Good!
Along with the wonderful changes in our space configuration, we are all getting used to some new ways of doing things. This is an ideal time to review some policies and procedures at the studio. Please know that these are not "rules" to inconvenience anyone, they are simply guidelines to help us all respect one another, to honor the purpose of the space, and to be in that space together more comfortably. Here are some simple studio etiquette tips. Please:
- Enjoy Unity. No matter what race or religion, no matter what political, social, economic, or personal status we choose outside the studio, once we set foot inside, our differences dissolve. Each person who walks through the door at Synergy has a somewhat similar reason for being here. There are precious few places in the world where we can enjoy unconditional acceptance. Let's all love, support and encourage each other on our journey. Also, now that we have a new centralized location, and a much larger space, we are thrilled to be able to accommodate more students. If you are an existing Synergy student/client, please help us to make welcome all the new faces, by reaching out, introducing yourself, and helping them learn their way around the studio.
- Be on time. For classes, please be on your mat with the necessary props prior to the class start time. If extenuating circumstances cause you to be late, please come down the long hallway and enter the classroom through the back door, gathering your props quietly, so as not to disrupt class. If you observe the class is engaged in a breathing or meditation exercise, please wait outside the door until it is finished. If you are more than 10 minutes late, please forego the class until next time. All classes will begin promptly on the half-hour.
- Sign in. Our accounting uses the honor system. Although there is a computerized record of your account, the visits that are used on that account are entered by human hands. We depend upon the sign-in sheets in order to enter the visits you have made to the studio.
- Shoe-Free Zone. Please remove shoes in the lobby, BEFORE entering the studio spaces. We offer cubbies in the front lobby, as well as a shoe rack in the hallway by the bathrooms.
- Stow Your Stuff. Please do not bring purses and belongings into the studio rooms. If you are concerned about the safety of your belongings, we offer lockers with locks in the hallway by the bathroom. We also offer hooks and cubbies in the front lobby.
- Power Down. All phones should be not only silenced, but powered OFF before entering the studio (except for on-call medical personnel). This helps to avoid energetic disturbances during your session.
- Use your Yoga Voice. We all enjoy socializing with the friends and like-minded people we meet at the studio. This is one of the great blessings of community! If you observe that there is a session going on, please just use your "yoga voice" and speak in quiet tones until that session is over.
- Observe Expiration Dates. Packages of sessions at Synergy are time sensitive. Please consider this when making your purchases. With prior notice, expiration dates can be set back only for extenuating circumstances, such as extended travel, or medical emergencies. The expiration dates given are reasonable periods of time for using the allotted number of sessions. Use this as an incentive to create your workout schedule.
- Observe Cancellation Policies. There are cancellation policies for private, duet, special enrollment classes, and workshops. Our business is dependent upon the commitments of our clients, therefore we must enforce these policies. Please be aware of these policies (which are listed on our web site) and honor your teacher/trainer by giving them as much advance notice as possible if you must cancel.
- Help us be Green. Consider keeping your own special mug at the studio to drink your tea/water from. This will help us keep paper cup costs down. If you choose to bring a mug, it can hang on a hook by the water dispenser. Also, when using the restroom, help us conserve water. Choose ONE button on the toilet (I for a smaller flush; II for a larger flush) and make sure it pops back up.
- Be present. During your session, give yourself the gift of undivided attention. Once you leave the lobby, and enter the studio space, set your focus on the intention for which you have come. Be open-minded and fully available, body, mind & spirit, for the duration of your practice. For yoga classes in particular, if you are unable to stay until the end of class, please depart prior to shavasana, so as not to disturb other students during their final relaxation.
Look for several NEW class formats on the Summer Class Schedule, starting June 10!
See you on the Mat!